Trainee Electrical & Instrumentation Craftsperson
£26,507 (rising to circa £34,000 when fully competent and operational)
gap technical are currently seeking people with electronic / electrical qualifications to join our clients training programme. Ideally, we are looking for applicants with relevant industry experience however, if you have recently studied electronics / electrical installations then we would be happy to hear from you. Our training programme is designed to build on your existing electrical qualifications and those required for working in the Gas industry.
- As a Trainee, you will be enrolled in a dedicated 2-3 year training programme, supported by line managers and mentors. The training programme is a combination of training sessions and on-the-job training within the operational E&I department. We will support you to develop the necessary competences to achieve additional external qualifications such as NVQ's, City & Guilds and COMPEX.
- Our Electrical & Instrumentation maintenance team cover the southern network and following successful completion of the training, you would be responsible for working on electrical and instrumentation equipment and installations connected with the gas supply network. This is a diverse, hands-on practical role, working indoors and outdoors in all weathers, at heights and in confined spaces, where every day is different.
- Your day will involve the installation, commissioning, maintenance, fault finding and repair on a wide range of equipment and plant. You would also be responsible for installation, maintenance and fault finding on electrical and instrumentation systems, for example; Telemetry and Electrical systems; Pressure and flow monitoring; Gas quality systems; Safety systems; Security systems; Power supply and generation; UPS / Battery power supplies
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be encouraged to be yourself, working with people from different backgrounds and points of view, and with potential for further development and progression.
- This role offers a competitive starting salary and other company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
- A company vehicle, tools, equipment and PPE will be provided.
- Flexibility is essential both in terms of hours of work (to participate in the standby rota) and for travel - you may be required to visit specialist locations for training, with regular travel for the job itself. We're looking for individuals who can demonstrate an excellent attitude to safety, with good IT skills and excellent communication skills.
- Previous Electrical / Electronic experience and qualifications are essential.
- Experience of working in electrical engineering fields is desirable.
- The ability to get on well with all types of people e.g. members of the public, managers, customers, suppliers etc.
- A full valid UK driver's license is required.
Please send your CV and call James at gap technical on 01782 971 919
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01782 971 919
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 20/03/2020