£13.50 - £14.50 (depending on experience)
Monday - Friday (Every other Saturday)
gap technical are proud to be representing our client in their search for a Vehicle Technician to work at their facility based near Wrexham
- Ensure that you use the clocking system to clock onto all jobs.
- Correctly interpret instructions from the job card, to follow all documented Procedures and Processes and to comply with repair instructions and stipulated settings and tolerances from manufacturers' manuals, bulletins, checksheets, etc.
- Obtain any necessary technical information by following documented procedures.
- Request and attend training and to keep abreast of the latest technical information which is circulated or displayed.
- Plan, carry out, check and test all work done to the highest possible standard of workmanship and in the most efficient manner, in order to ensure the maximum utilisation of time available.
- Report any repair difficulties immediately.
- Accurately report and record work done and tests carried out on job cards, service sheets and E-workshop as required and to immediately report any further work required or vehicle faults, as laid down in documented Procedures and Processes.
- Protect and maintain all tools and equipment by only using them in the prescribed manner and returning them to their place of storage immediately after use.
- Immediately report any loss, shortage, damage or malfunction of tools and equipment or if any additional tools or equipment are required to complete the repair.
- Record the serial number of any test or measuring equipment used on the job card/repair order.
- Advise the Parts Department of the parts that are necessary for the repair at the earliest opportunity and to only withdraw and fit those parts that are essential for the stated repair.
- Record the volumes of lubricants and consumables used on each repair.
- Ensure that all displaced parts are immediately clearly identified and/or placed in quarantine areas, as required by documented Procedures and Processes.
- Protect and take care of Customers' and the Company's property.
- Drive and road test vehicles by following documented procedures and taking the utmost care.
- Maintain allocated work areas in a clean and tidy condition and to remove all scrap, etc. immediately upon the completion of each repair.
- Maintain own appearance and manner in order to present the best possible image to Customers.
- Ensure that all guidelines on health and safety are followed.
- Maintain good working relationships with other staff and Customers.
- Carry out any further duties, within capabilities, when requested by management. These may include working off-site, attending breakdowns, working outside normal hours, maintaining equipment, supervising and instructing trainees, acting as supervisor, etc.
Please send your CV and call Abby at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 04/03/2022