gap technical recognises its corporate social responsibility (CSR) commitments and these are reflected in the following CSR policy.
Standard of business conduct
We are committed to ensuring that our business is conducted according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards.
We aim to deliver a competitive and fair employment environment and the opportunity to develop and advance within the organisation, subject to personal performance and business opportunity. We have recently been recognised in the Best Companies Guide. We also have Investors in People accreditation and all managers enroll on the industry-leading Elite Training Programme.
Every employee is responsible for ensuring that any contact with our customers, suppliers and the public at large reflects professionalism, efficiency, integrity and honesty.
We regard our suppliers as partners and endeavor to work closely with them in order to help us achieve an efficient and transparent Corporate Social Responsibility supply chain programme.
Health and safety
We are committed to continuously improving our health and safety performance in order to ensure that the working environment is safe and fit for its intended purpose.
We strive to be a good citizen wherever we operate, recognising our responsibility to work in partnership with local communities.
Our objective is to reduce our impact on the environment through a commitment to continual improvement. The above statements reflect gap technical's corporate social responsibility position. We recognise that our business activities have varying direct and indirect impacts on the society and environment in which we operate. We endeavour to manage these responsibly. We are committed to continually reviewing our corporate social responsibility programme in order to ensure its effectiveness.
gap technical's corporate social responsibility programme applies throughout the organisation, is applicable to all our employees and governs our approach to all our activities.
Implementation of our corporate social responsibility programme is firstly the responsibility of our senior management team but is also the responsibility of all gap technical employees.
gap technical care about the environment and are committed to continuous improvement to reduce, re-use, recycle and create sustainable solutions.
We minimise the impact of travel:
- We encourage our workforce to travel to work by public transport, car-share, bicycle or by walking
- Wherever possible, public transport is used to attend meetings
We conserve energy wherever possible:
- Turn off appliances when not in use
- Use rechargeable batteries for all mobile appliances
- Waste minimisation and recycling
- We reduce, re-use and recycle waste
- Recycle waste - paper, cardboard, plastics, glass, tin and aluminium
- Return toner cartridges to suppliers for re-use and support charity toner appeals
- Reduce printing and paper waste through monitoring systems
- Re-use printed paper for internal work
- Minimise paper use by storing information digitally rather than as paper files
- Use 100% recycled paper for printing and stationery products where possible
- We have a "minimal replacement strategy" whereby we extend the life of all computers, re-using old machines where possible or stripping them for spares
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Ensure that all employees know and understand the policy and what is expected of them
- Comply with environmental legislation, regulations and government guidance
- Constantly seek to improve our environmental performance through monitoring systems and policy reviews